Hi, I'm Kim Thompson, entrepreneur and educator. I love kids and I love art! When you put kids and art together magic happens! I founded Art & Doodles in 2002 and Art & Company in 2012 with the goal to offer children a safe and beautiful space to use their imagination and grow creatively. I have spent my life exploring and developing amazing ways to encourage and engage children in the art of self expression, creativity, and thinking. As a youth I planned all kinds of fun activities for friends, and neighborhood children including, spook houses, lemonade stands, plays, flower sales, guppy farms, and even selling shinny pennies for money! I was a born entrepreneur. Since I also live for teaching kids new things I became a teacher. I spent many years teaching in public schools both math and art. I'm certified in both! So crazy! I love my school teaching days but my desire to provide kids with opportunities to grow creatively has developed into my full time career. Today I do exactly what I did for play as a kid... I plan, prepare, and present fun and exciting adventures for children to explore, express and think. ART! Every day you will find me immersed in art. I paint, sew, draw, and make cool things with clay. My favorite part of art is sharing it with kids. Come visit me at the Art & Company. I'm committed to bringing your children a wonderful art experience they will cherish for a lifetime!
Standards We Live By
- Art & Company provides a safe, inspiring, creative atmosphere for children, teens and adults to explore art.
- Children will be engaged with age appropriate techniques, subjects and projects.
- Instructors encourage creativity, exploration, self-expression, friendship and fun.
- We foster a CAN-DO attitude in everyone.
- Mistakes are okay-they are the stepping stones to learning, growing and achieving your dreams.
- We build confidence and fun making art.
WHAT'S NEW? DIY STUDIOKIDS DIY STUDIO | Dates & Times on the Class page
DIY Project List Coming Soon | You're kids are going to LOVE this!